9th July Fleur du Jour

In an effort to keep my interest up over the summer months I thought that I'd start to get to know some of the flowers that are to be found in Burgess Field NR. Now, I know next to nothing about flowers but given the power of the internet, these days that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Accordingly I've gone and taken some shots of a few flowers and gradually worked out what they are before checking them on i-Spot to have the ID's confirmed or corrected. I'm then gradually going to offer them up here on this blog as an occasional "Fleur du jour".

Today's inaugural offering is Dove's-foot Crane's-bill (Geranium molle). Crane's-bill is the common name for the Geranium family of which there are some 420 members world-wide. This common flower can be found for example tucked away in front of the hedgerow along the main path northwards along the west side of Burgess Field. It's similar to the Hedgerow Crane's-bill though that has larger flowers.

Dove's-foot Crane's-bill (Geranium molle)

No comments:

Post a Comment