Wednesday 23rd December

I must confess that I'd not been down to the Meadow for quite a few days so today I forced myself to pay a visit at dusk to see what was going on. The flood waters had increased a bit again and there were still plenty of birds about though once more there wasn't a great deal of variety. Good numbers of Wigeon and Teal and a reasonable gull roost today with a couple of adult YELLOW-LEGGED GULLS the highlight. There were just five GOOSANDER today (four males and one red-head) though Mary MacDougall reported a stonking 17 the previous day at last light. Disappointingly there weren't any Golden Plover to be seen and all the Geese were right up at the top end of the Meadow so I couldn't really look through them. Sadly the recent Barnacle Geese were just one day wonders.

Christmas Wigeon courtesy of Jason Coppock

Finally I'd like to wish all readers of this blog a very Happy Christmas. I'll be posting the end of year review in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment